Friday, June 21, 2013

My Professional Goals


I am currently aspiring to be an elementary educator. I specifically want to work with 2nd grade. I feel as though this is the grade where I could impact the most. The students at this age need assistance, but are willing to be independent learners and explore things on their own. They have that fire for learning, just as I will have as their teacher.  My goal as a teacher is to live out my passion for student growth. To show my students that they have a teacher who wants them to succeed just as bad as they do. To understand "Hey, Im struggling in this area, who is going to help me understand this concept? Im frustrated and its like im being ignored." The fire I have for student achievement is the foundation for my students success. I plan to have the parents and caregivers actively engaged with their childs learning and also learn strategies to contribute to their learning styles and needs while at home. 

-Jona McGowen



Do you believe in me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMe8Nil2i20

1 comment:

  1. Most students should be more confident readers by second grade (7 years old is still the age where the brain is ready, despite our pushing reading on 5-year-old kindergarteners), so they can engage with stories on a deeper level and start tackling more difficult word problems in math!

    ReplyDelete