Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Usefullness of Online Courses


 
 
 
I think the usefulness of online courses are great. I have been able to learn a lot, it forces me to be responsible knowing I have course work to complete. What I do not enjoy about online course work is the lack of personal interaction. I think as a people we are becoming less involved with each other and more focused is geared towards the enhancement of  technology. The course work throughout my  Communication Language Development Course was rigorous, useful and enlightening. I enjoy the web 2.0 tools and how they can benefit my education experience as well as my future classroom. It allowed me to communicate effectively through discussion posts, twitter and blogger, Collaborate with others in which we did the Google presentation,  think creatively in which we did prezi presentation, blogger pinterest and wiki pages and analyze and conduct data in which we did Google forms and the Midterm exam over

I believe grade levels 6th-12th could benefit from this the most. It will give them a sense of maturity in their writing and build confidence in their work. They could also express themselves in many forms. Understanding this is the age range where many are shy and embarrassed easily; hey can be free to express themselves without the attention.

Teachers need to keep in mind clarity is the most important thing for this type of course. Because communication is not immediate and is usually delivered through email. Its best they explain themselves as thoroughly as possible. The videos were extremely beneficial throughout this course. I enjoyed the step by step instruction as well as the lecture notes. I wasn't left guess what to do by reading the lecture notes, I was able to see exactly what was expected from me, aiding visual learners.

Below is a link regarding a personal perspective of online courses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDqHhle0iA

No comments:

Post a Comment